Direct link: Oracle v Google and other oddities
Oracle v Google
- A Short Guide to Year Six of ‘Oracle America, Inc. v. Google, Inc’
- In Oracle v. Google, a Nerd Subculture Is on Trial
- The court that created the patent troll mess is screwing up copyright too
- Everything you need to know about software patents
- Follow Sarah Jeong and Parker Higgins, who are live-tweeting from the trial.
Google I/O News
- Don’t Use Allo
- Open Whisper Systems partners with Google on end-to-end encryption for Allo
- I/O: Building the next evolution of Google
- Google debuts Allo, an AI-based chat app using its new assistant bot, smart replies and more
- Google unveils its Amazon Echo competitor, a smart speaker called Google Home
The Intercept & SIDtoday
- How We Prepared the NSA’s Sensitive Internal Reports for Release
- The Intercept Is Broadening Access to the Snowden Archive. Here’s Why
- First Look Media, publisher of The Intercept, has code on github.
O’Reilly Open Source Awards
- Congrats to the winners of this year’s Open Source Award from O’Reilly
- Two of the winners are part of Outreachy, which helps people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software get involved.
Checkout DevOpsDays Portland, coming up on August 9-10. Use discount code recompiler2016 for 20% off!
Open Source Bridge, the conference for open source citizens, is coming up June 21-24 in Portland, Oregon. Check out the schedule, register ($42 off until 5/20 at 11am PDT with code ‘osbgenerosity‘), and/or support the crowd-funding campaign.
Audrey and I will be at Allied Media Conference next month. Let us know if you’re attending too, so we can say ‘hi’!
Support the Podcast
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!
You can leave a comment on this post, tweet to @recompilermag or our host @christi3k, or send an email to email@example.com.