Direct download link: Episode 15.
In this week’s episode, Christie and Audrey chat about Yahoo scanning your email for the government, Dash being removed from the Apple App Store, and DNS hacking. Enjoy!
- Yahoo Said to Have Aided U.S. Email Surveillance by Adapting Spam Filter, from The New York Times
- The Yahoo Scans Closely Followed Obama’s Cybersecurity Emergency Declaration, from emptywheel
Apples vs Dash
- Apple Has Removed Dash from the App Store from Dash developer Kapeli
- Doubt Cast on ‘Dash’ Developer’s Defense Against Apple’s Claim of Review Fraud [Updated] from MacRumors
- Dash developer speaks: Here’s his full story from iMore
- The story of EV-SSL, AWS and trailing dot domains from detectify labs
- Trailing Dots in Domain Names
- Floating Domains – Taking Over 20K DigitalOcean Domains via a Lax Domain Import System from The Hacker Blog
Do you prefer screens over print? Order a digital subscription to receive each issue of The Recompiler in your inbox. You’ll receive the same articles and colorful artwork as in the print edition. The subscription includes pdf and epub formats, and we offer group licenses if you want to share with your whole office. You’ll start with our upcoming issue on hardware, from circuit board design to ham radio to parallel processing.
We’ve started adding transcripts to our podcasts! If you’d like to see this continue, we need your support. The cost of commissioning a transcript is about a dollar a minute, which means for a typical episode we pay between $30-60. Our podcast doesn’t have sponsors like you might see elsewhere, because we’ve decided to focus on communicating as directly as possible with our listeners and readers. So here’s the pitch: pledge at least $1 each podcast, and if enough of you do this to cover at least half the expense of transcription for the podcast episode, we’ll make sure it continues.
Support the Podcast
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!