Direct download link: Episode 27.
This week Audrey and I chat about Trump’s travel ban, GitLab’s recent outage, the ACLU joining Y Combinator, and more. Enjoy!
Tech industry and the Travel Ban Executive Order
- Tech industry opposition to Trump travel ban escalates – The Washington Post
- The Constitution in the 100-Mile Border Zone
- On Deniability and Duress
- Tech Opposition to Trump Propelled by Employees, Not Executives – The New York Times
ACLU & Y Combinator
Calagator & PDX Activist
Things we like on the Internet
- Christie: Community Emergency Response Teams and Hesperian Health Guides
- Audrey: Bodega Cats (@Bodegacats_) | Twitter
Many ways to listen and subscribe
And, you’ll always be able to subscribe and find all episodes of the podcast on recompilermag.com/podcast. If you listen through iTunes, it would help us out tremendously if you could leave a review. This helps others find the show. It doesn’t have to be lengthy. A simple “I enjoy the show” with your choice of stars, I recommend 5 of course, is all that’s needed.
Call for contributors for Issue 8
Issue 8 will finish our second year1 of publishing! To celebrate, we’re going to do a wildcard (or *) theme. That means that if there’s something you’ve been waiting to share, this is the right time for it! Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
- how does the internet work?
- your favorite tools
- what you wish someone had told you before you started
- anything else about technology you’d be excited to share!
We look for ideas that will be effective at an advanced beginner to intermediate level of technical knowledge, and that are grounded in the author’s personal experiences. We’re especially interested in work from people who are part of under-represented groups in technology. Contributors are paid.
Find the details and submit your ideas at https://recompilermag.com/participate/. Submissions are open through April 6.
Support the Recompiler
Lastly, please support the Recompiler with a subscription or monthly contribution. You’ve probably noticed that we do not selling advertising either here on the podcast or in the magazine. We do this so we can concentrate on developing great content with you, our audience, our community.
In order to sustain our efforts, we need your financial support.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!
- By year we mean a set of 4 issues. Some of these took a little longer on the calendar :) ↩