Direct download link: Episode 28.
This week Christie chats with Meli Lewis (@iff_or), data editor for the Oregonian about data visualization, ham radio, emergency preparedness, and much more. Enjoy!
- Oregon Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather – OregonLive.com
- PyLadies PDX (Portland, OR) | Meetup
- PDX Data Visualization (Portland, OR) | Meetup
- NETs | The City of Portland, Oregon
- Tableau Software – Wikipedia
- Numbers in the newsroom : using math and statistics in news (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
- HamStudy.org: Cutting edge amateur radio study tools
- ARRL Getting Licensed
- The Earthquake That Will Devastate the Pacific Northwest
- The Most Human Human, by Brian Christian
Call for contributors for Issue 8
Issue 8 will finish our second year1 of publishing! To celebrate, we’re going to do a wildcard (or *) theme. That means that if there’s something you’ve been waiting to share, this is the right time for it! Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
- how does the internet work?
- your favorite tools
- what you wish someone had told you before you started
- anything else about technology you’d be excited to share!
We look for ideas that will be effective at an advanced beginner to intermediate level of technical knowledge, and that are grounded in the author’s personal experiences. We’re especially interested in work from people who are part of under-represented groups in technology. Contributors are paid.
Find the details and submit your ideas at https://recompilermag.com/participate/. Submissions are open through April 6.
Support the Recompiler
Lastly, please support the Recompiler with a subscription or monthly contribution. You’ve probably noticed that we do not selling advertising either here on the podcast or in the magazine. We do this so we can concentrate on developing great content with you, our audience, our community.
In order to sustain our efforts, we need your financial support.
Please consider what you can comfortably give to support what we’re doing here at the Recompiler and then subscribe or make a contribution. Thank you!
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!
You can leave a comment on this post, tweet to @recompilermag or our host @christi3k, or send an email to email@example.com. You can also leave us an audio comment by calling (503) 489-9083.
- By year we mean a set of 4 issues. Some of these took a little longer on the calendar :) ↩