Download: Episode 38
This week Audrey and I chat about the KRACK WPA2 vulnerability, the technical skills of the judge in Oracle v Google, how Facebook is ruining our democracy, part 34, and more. Enjoy!
KRACK Wifi vulnerability
- KRACK Attacks: Breaking WPA2
- Falling through the KRACKs – A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering
- Understanding WPA/WPA2 Pre-Shared-Key Cracking
Oracle v Google Judge Alsup
- The Judge’s Code | The Verge
- QuickBASIC – Wikipedia
- Chief Justice Roberts Calls Proof of Wisconsin Gerrymandering ‘Gobbledygook’
Civic data FUBAR at NYPD
Facebook ruining our democracy, part 34
- Help Us Monitor Political Ads Online — ProPublica
- An Update On Information Operations On Facebook – Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook Enabled Advertisers to Reach ‘Jew Haters’ — ProPublica
- Fairness Doctrine – Wikipedia
Things we like on the internet this week
Kickstarter for Year 3
Today we’re launching the Kickstarter campaign for our next year of publishing The Recompiler. We have another four issues planned, more podcast episodes, and even another book. Click through to see more info and to find out about our fabulous rewards (Stickers! Posters! Zines!)
We’re also throwing a kickoff party tomorrow, Wednesday October 25 from 6-8pm, at Books With Pictures. The shop is at 1100 SE Division St, #103 in Portland, OR.
Issue 8 now shipping
The other exciting news this week is that we’re shipping Issue 8! Our wildcard issue has a little of everything, from citizen astronomers to cell networks.
First ever telethon on Nov 11th
On November 11 we’re going to be doing a live broadcast, for our upcoming Kickstarter. Join Christie and Audrey from 10am-4pm Pacific for technology discussion, tech support questions, special guest interviews, and a whole batch of tongue twisters like Christie promised us in May. You can join in by telling us what we should talk about, using this form.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!