Download: Episode 55
This week Audrey and I chat about Cambridge Analytica, anti-sex trafficking bill SESTA/FOSTA, Google News Initiative and more. Enjoy!
- [02:28] The Responsible Communication Style Guide is headed back to the printers!
- [04:18] ‘I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower
- [13:56] Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media | Politics | The Guardian
- [15:13] The Reclusive Hedge-Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency | The New Yorker
- [15:37] Paul Ford: Facebook Is Why We Need a Digital Protection Agency – Bloomberg
- [24:23] How Controversial Anti-Sex Trafficking Bill Will Screw Over Sex Workers – Rolling Stone
- [25:38] Communications Decency Act – Wikipedia
- [26:24] Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act – Wikipedia
- [36:46] Post-SESTA/FOSTA Self-Censoring for Twitter, Reddit, and other Social Media
- [38:11] Melissa Gira Grant (@melissagira)
- [38:48] Floor Remarks: CDA 230 and SESTA – Ron Wyden – Medium
- [41:19] Slack picked a weird time to make it easier for bosses to download you
- [48:35] yan on Twitter: “fun way to monitor someone’s IP address:…”
- [50:24] The Google News Initiative: Building a stronger future for news
- [59:21] 12 Things Everyone Should Understand About Tech – Humane Tech – Medium
- [59:34] Why is your email in my car? | daniel.haxx.se
- [1:01:10] Dialects of English: Take The Dialects of American English Survey
The Responsible Communication Style Guide is headed back to the printers!
When we sold out of print copies of The Responsible Communication Style Guide last fall, we promised to do another print run in early 2018. We’re happy to announce that we’re ready.
If you’ve been waiting to pick up a printed book (or enough for the rest of the office so they stop filching your copy), this is your chance. Order now!
Now Broadcasting LIVE most Fridays
We broadcast our episode recordings LIVE on most Fridays at 10am PST. Mark your calendars and visit recompilermag.live to tune-in.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!