Download: Episode 60
This week Audrey and I chat about AI and predictive policing, domain fronting, how Facebook does a lot of emotional labor for us, and more!
- [00:47] The Responsible Communication Style Guide is headed back to the printers! – The Responsible Communication Style Guide
- [01:43] Issue 9: Hard problems – The Recompiler
- [03:00] A pioneer in predictive policing is starting a troubling new project – The Verge
- [17:49] Blocking-resistant communication through domain fronting
- [19:37] Signal >> Blog >> Amazon threatens to suspend Signal’s AWS account over censorship circumvention
- [30:39] I tried leaving Facebook. I couldn’t – The Verge
- [40:14] Jive Software: An inspiration and cautionary tale for Portland tech | OregonLive.com
- [48:57] Help Us Solve This Debate About What “IMHO” Stands For
- [45:57] Emergency Response Guidebook app
The Responsible Communication Style Guide is headed back to the printers!
When we sold out of print copies of The Responsible Communication Style Guide last fall, we promised to do another print run in early 2018. We’re happy to announce that we’re ready.
If you’ve been waiting to pick up a printed book (or enough for the rest of the office so they stop filching your copy), this is your chance. Order now!
Issue 9: Hard Problems is now shipping!
You can still get your copy in the Recompiler Shop.
Now Broadcasting LIVE most Fridays
We broadcast our episode recordings LIVE on most Fridays at 10am PST. Mark your calendars and visit recompilermag.live to tune-in.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!