Download: Episode 66.
This week Audrey and I chat about the recent raid by German police against a privacy group, how Juggalos help beat facial recognition, and what Tim Berners-Lee is working on now to fix the web.
- [01:39] Devopsdays Portland – SEPTEMBER 11-13, 2018 – RECOMPILERFRIENDS 20% discount
- [02:42] The Recompiler Issue 8: Wildcard
- [04:30] Responsible Communication Style Guide
- [05:17] German police raid homes of Tor-linked group’s board members | ZDNet
- [05:25] Coordinated raids of Zwiebelfreunde at various locations in Germany
- [05:50] Bavarian raids – riseup.net
- [16:46] Juggalos figured out how to beat facial recognition | The Outline
- [18:49] TAHKION is in Vegas on Twitter: “i made a breakthrough…”
- [26:39] “I Was Devastated”: Tim Berners-Lee, the Man Who Created the World Wide Web, Has Some Regrets | Vanity Fair
- [35:10] solid/solid: Solid – Re-decentralizing the web
- [39:06] Decentralized Web Summit 2018: Global Visions / Working Code
- [44:55] Social media moderators should look to the oldest digital communities for tips about caring — Quartz
- [47:28] Spiders Use Earth’s Electric Field to Fly Hundreds of Miles – The Atlantic
Now Broadcasting LIVE most Fridays
We broadcast our episode recordings LIVE on most Fridays at 12pm PT. Mark your calendars and visit recompilermag.live to tune-in.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!