Download: Episode 67.
This week Audrey and I chat about the compromised NPM package that stole a bunch of credentials, OSCON code of conduct issues, and Guido van Rossum stepping down abruptly from BDFL of Python.
- [01:52] Devopsdays Portland – SEPTEMBER 11-13, 2018 – RECOMPILERFRIENDS 20% discount
- [02:53] The Recompiler Issue 8: Wildcard
- [04:14] Community Event Planning book pre-order
- [05:00] npm, Inc. Status – Compromised version of eslint-scope published
- [22:32] [python-committers] Transfer of power
- [44:17] Sage Sharp on Twitter: “As I live in a country where a specific political party…”
- [49:16] Coraline Ada Ehmke — Coraline Ada Ehmke: Why I Am Not Speaking at OSCON
- [44:45] Christie Koehler on Twitter: “As someone involved in persuading O’Reilly to adopt a code of conduct for OSCON in the first place, I’m disappointed in them for this decision.…”
- [45:20] Audrey Eschright on Twitter: “This is a fundamental misunderstanding of harm and oppression. I’m disappointed but not surprised — many of us spent significant effort to get @OReillyMedia to adopt a code of conduct because they didn’t understand the need and we saw mixed results.… “
- [1:00:11] On Avoiding Conflation of Political Speech and Hate Speech – Bradley M. Kuhn ( Brad ) ( bkuhn )
- [1:02:24] Political Speech and Conference Codes of Conduct | Tim O’Reilly | Pulse | LinkedIn
- [1:05:43] rhysd/vim.wasm: Vim editor ported to WebAssembly
- [1:07:39] Cheesecake the capybara fosters puppies
Now Broadcasting LIVE most Fridays
We broadcast our episode recordings LIVE on most Fridays at 12pm PT. Mark your calendars and visit recompilermag.live to tune-in.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!