Download: Episode 69.
This week we’re talking about Reddit’s security breach, retail spearfishing indictments, ghost characters, and surveillance capitalism.
- [01:29] Devopsdays Portland – SEPTEMBER 11-13, 2018 – RECOMPILERFRIENDS 20% discount
- [02:17] Community Event Planning book pre-order
- [02:51] Survey for event organizers
- [03:22] Call for Contributors, Issue 12 Machines and Things
- [04:16] We had a security incident. Here’s what you need to know.
- [09:24] How Criminals Recruit Telecom Employees to Help Them Hijack SIM Cards
- [15:43] Community questions following the eslint security incident
- [18:51] Ukrainian hackers arrested for stealing 15 million credit cards – The Verge
- [22:13] Three Members of Notorious International Cybercrime Group “Fin7” In Custody for Role in Attacking Over 100 U.S. companies | OPA | Department of Justice
- [24:57] A Spectre is Haunting Unicode
- [28:09] Decolonizing Unicode
- [29:43] I Can Text You A Pile of Poo, But I Can’t Write My Name
- [33:39] Let’s make private data into a public good
- [35:47] Out of the frying pan and into the fire
- [44:19] NowThis on Twitter: “118 goats took over the streets of this Boise suburb — and it was baaaaaaaaad… “
- [45:43] James Wong on Twitter: “Maize is an artificial species created entirely thanks to human ingenuity (right). …”
Now Broadcasting LIVE most Fridays
We broadcast our episode recordings LIVE on most Fridays at 12pm PT. Mark your calendars and visit recompilermag.live to tune-in.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!