Download: Episode 71.
This week Audrey and I chat about about Las Vegas Hotel security issues during DefCon, Foreshadow speculative execution vulnerability, and issues with the music industry business model and copyright.
- [01:06] Devopsdays Portland – SEPTEMBER 11-13, 2018 – RECOMPILERFRIENDS 20% discount
- [01:54] Community Event Planning pre-order
- [02:34] Survey for event organizers
- [03:15] Call for Contributors, Issue 12 Machines and Things
- [04:09] In post-massacre Vegas, security policies clash with privacy values – The Parallax
- [07:48] Open letter to the Hacker Community. | Marc’s Security Ramblings
- [22:15] Chris Dagdigian on Twitter: “this happened to me as well at a Marriott owned hotel property…”
- [23:33] Foreshadow: Breaking the Virtual Memory Abstraction with Transient Out-of-Order Execution
- [31:07] Artists Made Only 12% of Music Industry Revenue in 2017, Citigroup Report Finds | Pitchfork
- [40:01] Recording Industry Hypocrisy On Full Display In Continuing To Push The CLASSICS Act That Expands Copyright | Techdirt
- [50:17] USB Dongle Authentication
- [51:36] Two Factor Auth List
- [54:09] Thru-hiking the US/Mexico border
- [56:04] Natives Outdoors
- [32:45] PUTTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER: Remastering the World of Music (pdf)
Now Broadcasting LIVE most Fridays
We broadcast our episode recordings LIVE on most Fridays at 12pm PT. Mark your calendars and visit recompilermag.live to tune-in.
We love hearing from you! Feedback, comments, questions…
We’d love hearing from you, so get in touch!