Hello Recompilers, The Recompiler is proud to be a media sponsor for Heartifacts, a conference presented by Code & Supply, created to facilitate the intimate and important conversations that software professionals need to have about mental health, communication techniques, and community involvement. April 20th & 21st, 2018 — Pittsburgh, PA Use the code media-RECOMPILE for 20% off registration. Would … Continue reading Newsletter #37: Unsteady Player One
Episode 53: If a travel coffee mug and an Instapot had a baby
This week Audrey and I chat about Amazon Alexa’s laughing bug, Google helping the military develop AI for drones, the crypto event that dosed its attendees with cannabis, and more. Enjoy!
- [01:37] The Responsible Communication Style Guide is headed back to the printers!
- [04:31] Issue 9: Hard problems – The Recompiler
- [05:06] Hire Christie!
- [06:39] Amazon has a fix for Alexa’s creepy laughs - The Verge
- [11:07] Episode 47: Legitimizing a Shoplifting-like Behavior – The Recompiler
- [15:46] The House That Spied on Me
- [17:02] Google Is Helping the Pentagon Build AI for Drones
- [28:06] At This Crypto Event, the Attendees Really Were High | WIRED
- [35:34] The Decentralist Perspective, or Why Bitcoin Might Need Small Blocks
- [47:36] Safety First PDX
- [49:58] Something mysterious has been happening to some clocks on the European continent.